COMPLETE Guide on How to Engrave ImpressArt Metal Jewelry with Cricut.
In this tutorial I will show you the entire STEP by STEP process of how to make metal engraving with the Cricut Maker. You will learn what materials to use, how to work with the design and how to engrave metal using the Cricut Maker engraving tip.
With this engraving technique you will be able to personalize a wide variety of metal jewelry like bracelets, earrings, medals, keychains, identification and pet tags, wine glass labels and much more.
THIS PUBLICATION AND THE PHOTOS MAY CONTAIN LINKS FROM AMAZON OR OTHER AFFILIATES. IF YOU BUY SOMETHING THROUGH ANY LINK, I MAY RECEIVE A SMALL COMMISSION WITH NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE TO YOU.
List of materials needed:
1.-CHOOSING THE METAL PIECES:
- Select the blank metal piece that you want to engrave with your Cricut Maker. Today I will be engraving ImpressArt metal circles and bracelets. I will use the ImpressArt Essential Bracelet Kit to finish the bending process.
- Now we are going to work with the design in the Cricut Design Space program. [The font used is called Janda Manatee Bubble by Dafont]
- Adjust the size of the design according to the product you are going to engrave, select the design and press flatten or weld.
- Change settings from cutting to engraving: go to operations and select engraving and go ahead to make it.
- Then we are going to place the design on the right side of the canva example mat. When placing the metals to the cutting pad, we have to follow this pattern.
- Then we are going to select the material that we are going to record. In this case select Anodized Aluminum.
- Place the metal on the purple cutting pad or strong grip mat. Let’s follow the cutting pattern from the Cricut Design Space program.
- Before placing the cutting pad on the Cricut machine, we must place the white rings of the machine’s roller to the right side.
- Insert the Cricut # 41 engraving tool in clamp B and proceed with the engraving.
- Polish the engraving using a metal polishing block. Impressart sells these blocks on their website. I did not have at the time of recording the tutorial but I used a nail polish block and it worked perfectly. I polished it with the softer side so i do not scratch the metal.
- Once polished, we are going to darken the engraving using the Impressart Enamel Marker. Let it stand for 3 to 5 minutes and clean with a piece of cloth or paper towel and the metal engraving is ready.
4.- Bending the bracelet:
- We aren’t done with the bracelets yet. We are going to bend them using Impressart Essencial Bracelet Kit.
Voila!! We’re done with the metal engraving. The engraved medals and bracelet we made are gorgeous.
Now that you already know how to stamp on metal with Cricut Maker, you will be able to customize a wide variety of metal jewelry such as earrings, bracelets, medals, key rings, pet and wine glasses tags and many more.
These beautiful stamped or engraved metal jewelry are beautiful not only for personal use but also to give as gifts or even for your craft store portfolio.
I hope this tutorial was helpful to you.
To conclude with this post, I would like to invite you to visit me on the following social networks: