DIY Metal Stamping Tutorial for Beginners using The Essential Hand Stamping Kit from Impressart.
Have you seen those precious metal stamped jewelry and wondered how they are made? In this basic step-by-step metal stamping tutorial you will be able to learn how to hand stamp on metal in no time.
For this metal stamping project I will use The Essential Hand Stamping Kit from Impressart and before all, I will show you what comes in it.
DIY Metal Stamping Tutorial: List of the tools that come in The Essential Hand Stamping Kit from Impressart:
THIS PUBLICATION AND THE PHOTOS MAY CONTAIN LINKS FROM AMAZON OR OTHER AFFILIATES. IF YOU BUY SOMETHING THROUGH ANY LINK, I MAY RECEIVE A SMALL COMMISSION WITH NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE TO YOU.
- The kit comes with its very nice and strong box with compartments in which you can store the tools after each use.
- Brochure that indicates the tools and items that come in The Essential Hand Stamping Kit from Impressart. It also gives us a small review of how to make your first basic metal stamping and also shows us examples of metal projects that you could make.
- A 4×4 “steel block. Very heavy by the way but that’s good because it will have a lot of stability. Also, bring 4 small rubber protective pads for better stability and protection of the work surface.
- Ergonomic one pound hammer for deep and defined impressions. [Brass head and ergonomic handle that won’t hurt or make your hands tired]
- Booklet with 70 guide stickers to align the pattern.
- Stamping tape to secure the metal blanks to the block so they do not move when printing. It is removable and leaves no residue.
- Enamel marker to darken prints or stampings on metal.
- HOMEROOM letter set in reinforced steel. Contains the entire alphabet in capital letters and 7 extra designs.
- Additional items to practice your first stamping: Blank metal plate and 4 set of stamping keyrings.
Other metal blanks shown in this tutorial:
DIY Metal Stamping Tutorial with The Impressart Stamping Kit:
There is a wide variety of metal blanks offered by the Impressart brand such as Bracelets, Circles, Medals, Pet Tags, Rings, earrings and many more.
To get started, you can stamp the blank items that come with the kit.
This time, I’m stamping a 1 “diameter Alkeme metal circle.
1.- Let’s clean the block with a piece of paper towel and put the rubber pads behind the metal block.
1.- Place the piece of metal to be stamped on top of the block. Secure the top part using the adhesive tape that comes with the kit and place a guide sticker on the bottom part.
2. Let’s write the word that we want to stamp on the guide sticker and prepare the pins with the letters that form the word to be stamped.
3. – Align the metal pin with the corresponding letter on the front.
4. – Hammer once with a little force and voila, we have the first letter stamped on the metal. Now let’s do the same until we finish with all the other letters.
5.- Remove the adhesive tape and guiding sticker and paint the pattern using the dark enamel marker. Wait for about 3 to 5 minutes and then wipe out with a piece of paper towel.
Examples of how the metal jewelry looks already stamped with Impressart. Gorgeous!!!
Little by little and with practice you will be able to increase the level of stamping and this way you will be able to create an infinity of hand-stamped metal jewelry.
These beautiful metal stamped jewels are unique and perfect for gifts, personal use and even to add one more item to your customization or craft business.
I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and above all that it has been very informative for you.
Visit me on the following social networks:
DIY Money Holder Cards with Cricut and FREE Templates
Gifting cash doesn’t have to be so simple anymore. Let’s make it original and attractive! I present you a complete guide on how to DIY very creative money holder cards with Cricut’s print then cut feature and free templates that you can download here on my blog. The process is super easy! I will show……
One Comment Add yours